Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Well today was Mother's Day, and while I had a great time spending the day with my boys, I realized that no matter how hard I try I tend to get aggravated with my boys. Then I think that I have friends who no matter what they have tried can't get pregnant, or worse have lost babies.

The thought of not having my boys is terrifying for me, I look at women I know who have lost babies at birth, and I can't imagine how I would survive that. I have always thought of myself as a strong person, but when I think of my friends who have had great loss in their life, and I realize that I am not that strong.

So I have decided I need to work on my patience, my faith, and my heart. I need to learn to appreciate my kids and my husband, and my family. I need to learn to be strong. So that is my Mother's Day wish for me, yes it is selfish but it is what I need!

Happy Mother's Day to all us moms out there, whether we are holding our babies, holding out hope, or holding on to memories. May your day be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment